Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hyaena Gallery - Fictitious Pulp Show!!!

Tonight I went for my second time to the fabulous Hyaena Gallery (I can’t believe I hadn’t gone to this place sooner).  My first trip was their last opening, “Spinestealer” (absolutely incredible!!!).  This show was stunning as well.  What a great idea for a show…covers for various types of media that don’t exist, but should…I most definitely concur with the “should” on that!!!
I really enjoyed the entire show, but I must say Dan Harding’s piece, “The Conjuring”, really caught my eye.  There is something about his work that I just find mesmerizing…  Another piece, a very different style from Harding, was Kat Philbin’s, “Prehistoric Passion”…this piece just kept me smiling from the inside out.  I really must say most honestly , that every piece is truly wonderful & this is a show not to be missed!!!
What could be better…in Hyaena you not only get an eclectic boutique, but also a truly unique gallery.  If you haven’t already made a trip, you absolutely must… I know I’ll be attending all of their openings & making many a trips just for fun as well.  Definitely a new favorite place of mine in the LA area…so glad to have found Hyaena!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment